Updated: November 24, 2016 8:44:34 pm
Its no surprise that as the temperature takes a dive during winter, our skin problems soar. So, it is time to show your skin some extra love after all the festivities and harsh weather, says an expert. Disha Meher, National Expert – Skin and Nails, Lakmé Salon, lists an easy and simple cheat sheet that will put an end to all your winter agonies.
– Dehydration: If your skin looks patchy and fine lines have started appearing, it is definitely dehydrated and dry. The moisture level of your skin is decreasing because of reduced sebum. Opt for a white tea skin treatment as it has antioxidant properties that nourish your skin and restore its vital moisture content.
– Sensitivity: Redness and inflammation are usually of sensitivity that occur due to changes in the weather conditions. Choose your products very carefully and moisturise you skin regularly to combat sensitivity. You can also try a soothing facial, like Lakmé Salon’s Sensi-calm facial, that will restore your skin’s pH levels.
– Lifeless and sallow skin: Your skin might lose its lustre and look lifeless. The skin’s acid mantle is affected and hence the skin’s moisture and oil balance is disturbed. Massage your skin with a nourishing oil like Argan oil before sleeping. It will maintain the necessary levels of collagen in your skin.
– Cracked feet: A common problem faced during winter is cracked feet. These superficial or deep fissures on the heels make your feet very rough. It is vital to avoid remaining bare foot and to moisturise your feet regularly. During winter, apply a thick moisturiser or a special cracked feet cream and wear socks while sleeping.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.