Updated: November 12, 2019 9:42:55 am
While most brides have prepared a checklist of things to do before the D-day, many may not be aware that incorrect skincare procedures may lead to last-minute breakouts or skin allergies. Therefore, it becomes significant to pay attention to one’s skincare routine, especially closer to the wedding date.
Here is a skincare routine that brides should incorporate in their routine, at least two months before the wedding day.
1. Set a skincare regime according to your skin type: cleansing, toning, moisturising, use of sunscreen, exfoliation and a night regime.
2. Regular hydration sets the tone for achieving the perfect glow. Dry or flaky skin could lead to cakey make-up. So, before the winters hit and literally suck the life out of your skin, begin moisturising your skin regularly. Cleansing and toning are important to get that perfect glow. Wash your face with a herbal face wash and follow it up with some toning with rose water and moisturising. Follow the mantra of cleanse, tone and moisturise once everyday, and you will soon see the difference.
3. Eat a healthy balanced diet with loads of antioxidants. Start drinking green tea, preferably every day. Not only can this help with weight loss — alongside a good diet and exercise regime, of course — but many people swear by its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to help brighten the skin and reduce acne.
4. Hydrate well; drink at least 3-3.5 litres of water everyday. Water helps to get rid off toxins from the body.
5. At least six-eight hours of uninterrupted sleep is a must. One can keep cut slices of cucumber or potato to fight the dark circles.
6. If you are dieting, remember to take a good multi-vitamin supplement as well. If you aren’t consuming the right amount of nutrients as per your bodily needs, it will show on your hair, skin and nails. Omega oils are also great for your skin and body.
7. Always remember to remove make-up before going to bed.
8. There’s going to be a lot of focus on your hands on your big day. So massage sweet almond oil into your hands and nails on a daily basis, and by your big day your nails will be stronger and your hands will be super soft. If your hands tend to be flaky, you can also make yourself a DIY hand scrub by mixing together a little olive oil and sugar. Use it to gently exfoliate, following up by moisturising with sweet almond oil.
9. Bridal make-up starts with good skin – no foundation will look perfect without a smooth, exfoliated base. Once you’ve got your skincare regime perfected, try a matte primer to keep your foundation on for longer and to keep oil at bay.
10. Finally, don’t forget your lips. Wear a good quality lip balm and re-apply regularly throughout the day. Do this for at least a week before your wedding and your lips will be beautifully soft and smooth.
What to avoid:
1. Brides must definitely avoid salon facials, new skin care products or chemical peels for the first time. All treatments need to be guided by a dermatologist.
With inputs from dermatologist and aesthetic physician Dr Pallavi Sule.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines