October 16, 2014 12:26:59 pm
Arab king Abdullah gifted a toilet made of gold to his daughter on her wedding. While the spectacular pic will leave you spellbound, here’s a look at world’s most expensive toilets.
6. IntiMist, $450 for seat only
The seat which can be fitted in any regular toilet comes along with warm water, a warm air blow dryer and a heated seat.
5. Sun-Mar Excel Non-Electric Self-Contained Composting Toilet, $1,500
If you care about your environment, and can afford to spend a little extra for it, here’s a toilet where you can convert waste into fertilizing soil for use in garden. It doesn’t use water at all.
4. “Dagobert” Wooden Toilet Throne by Herbeau, $14,123
Named after King Dagobert, the last ruler of the Merovingian dynasty in 8th Century France, this commode has everything a luxury loving person wants. This five-foot-tall toilet looks more like a throne, rather than a toilet. Music, candleholder, ashtray…do you want more?
Best of Express Premium
3. Moon River Art Park Toilet, $750,000
If you want a natural experience, head to Shanghai’s famous Moon River Art Park. Incidentally, this is also a tourist spot. Use of toilet is free, you only have to pay entrance fee to the park.
2. Hang Fung Gold Toilet, $5 Million
This toilet is owned by Hang Fung Gold Technology Group. The gold toilet resides in a demonstration washroom called “The Hall of Gold.” It is available for public viewing.
1. International Space Station Toilet, $19 Million
The world’s most expensive toilet is not on earth, it was launched in space. Built by Russia for the International Space Station in November 2008, the toilet features leg braces to help keep astronauts properly positioned.
🗞 Subscribe Now: Get Express Premium to access our in-depth reporting, explainers and opinions 🗞️
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.