The first feel of heatwave, and immediately the hair goes up in a bun. Most women would agree that there are only a handful who experiment with their braids, buns and ponytails. The rest are either too pushed for time/simply not interested or want chic hairdos but don’t know how to go about it.
It is true that hair styled in a braid or a nice neat bun can elevate a look. And if you have longingly looked at the perfect hairdo of someone at work, then look no more because Samay Dutta, Director of NOIR, Delhi, a luxury hair salon, gives expert tips on how to create the ramp-ready look in no time.
* Before braiding, brush your hair to smooth out any knots or tangles.
* Gather hair at the top of your head and divide into three sections.
* Cross the sections and then add hair to the section.
* Add hair to the section on the other side.
* Repeat adding hair and crossing sections.
* Secure the braid at the end with a band.
* Damp your hair using the spray bottle.
* Pull your hair back using the bristle brush.
* Smooth the disarrayed hair.
* Put a small amount of gel into your hand.
* Make a bun.
* Wrap your hair net around the bun.
* Add more gel to your hair or spray with hairspray.
Half done bun
* Start with dry hair or dry shampoo.
* Use your fingers (a brush or comb works too) to section out approximately 1/3 of the front of your hair—starting from the front and extending to the crown of the head.
* Once your mini ponytail is in place at the top of your head for your top knot bun, secure it with a snag-free hair tie.
* Backcomb the ponytail to amp up the volume. Then hit it with texture spray for instant and effortless texture.
* After your ponytail is in place, wrap all the hair from the pony in a clockwise direction around the elastic to sculpt the knot.
* Use bobby pins to lock your bun into place. Pro tip: Be sure to place pins at the top and the bottom of the bun, making a point to get strands from the bun and securing them to the head.
* Finish with lightweight, humidity-resistant hairspray to ensure your style stays put—not to mention smooth, shiny, and frizz-free—all day.
Which style do you prefer?
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines