October 3, 2014 2:01:50 pm
Solar panels and temperature-regulating walls aren’t the only ways to make your house more eco-friendly. Save the planet without burning a hole in your pocket.
Good To Be Home magazine shares ways to conserve energy, reports huffingtonpost.com:
1) Clean with vinegar: It’s a natural way to kill bacteria and germs.
2) Use a microwave: Less energy is used by a microwave oven than a conventional one.
3) Low energy appliances: Energy star qualified appliances use 10 to 50 percent less energy than standard models.
4) Eco scents: Instead of chemicals and synthetic fragrances, opt for 100 percent essential oils and non-aerosol scents.
5) Turn off tap: When brushing your teeth, don’t forget to turn off the tap.
6) Get a spider plant: Place in the bathroom to purify air.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines