November 29, 2019 1:20:10 pm
Hopping into the shower, and there is a wide variety of hair and skin care products lined up beginning from conditioners to moisturising shampoos and fragrant body washes. But among all of those options, do we have a good body scrub? An essential for maintaining smooth skin, store-bought or homemade body scrubs are a must-have in your shower.
Here’s why scrubbing is important
- With time, dead skin cells accumulate on our body. Scrubbing is important in order to improve skin texture and colour. The best way to maintain the look of the skin is to remove any build-up of old dry flaky skin.
- Acne below the neckline isn’t a big topic of discussion but most people do suffer from it on all areas of the body. Exfoliating helps remove the dead skin build-up and flushes out the blocked pores on our backs and chest, so scrub away!
- Once the dead skin layer is cleared off the skin; the body is more easily able to absorb the products you apply.
- Ingrown hair is painful and certainly an ugly sight. Thus, removing dead skin helps the hair to reach the surface and not grow back into the skin causing painful and ugly red sores which can scar and leave a darker spot.
Homemade scrubs are a great way to remove dead skin; they are easy to make, easy on the pocket and natural! Here are a few homemade scrubs for you to scrub away all that dirt.
Caffeine is well-known to improve blood circulation and stimulate radiance and youthfulness. It also contains antioxidants, protects against UV damage and prevents against moisture loss.
Along with a half a cup of yogurt, add three tablespoons of coffee powder to make it into a thick past. Apply the mixture and rub in circular motion for a good 10 minutes. wash it off with cold water and do the process twice in a week.
Coconut milk and almond
This face scrub will help reduce the appearance of cellulite.Take a cup and mix 3 tablespoons of grounded almonds and oats, to this add coconut milk to make it into a thick paste. Apply it on your face and rub it thoroughly to achieve optimum results.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.