We all want cheeks which are flushed naturally and sometimes, when we cannot achieve it, we have our blushes to fall back upon. However, remember that you are often treading on the thin line between get naturally rosy cheeks and looking like a clown. If by any chance, you ever ended up looking like a clown then do not worry, we have your back covered with these tips.
Here, we list down the steps you need to get that rosy tinge on your cheeks.
1. Start with a moisturizer and buff in your foundation properly in order to get a smooth base which helps not only your makeup but other products also stay.
2. Using a large fluffy makeup brush, and imitate the number 3 as you put blush on your face
3. Pick the right blush formula for your skin type. Go for a powder or a creme-based blush if you want a glowy look. While the latter works best and lasts longer for those with oily skin. But if you have dry skin, then cream blush will be of great help.
4. Next, choose your tool. Either go for a beauty blender for a seamless finish or go for a blush brush with tapered ends; since it will deposit the right amount of colour on application. If using cream blush, blend it in with your fingers as the warmth of the fingers will help blend it out.
5. Smile! It’s the oldest rule in the book. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks (the area that is most full and high when you smile). Sweep back towards your hairline by blending it with the line for a draping affect.
Dos and don’ts:
Do use blush that has a subtle shimmer
The shimmer should be enough so that when light hits your skin, there appears a beautiful glow. A great way to add glow to the skin is by using a cream blush or a liquid highlighter which you can work into the skin with your fingers for a beautiful finish.
Don’t forget blending is the key
You must blend the blush after applying it on the cheeks else it will appear like a blot of colour. Lightly blend with a blush brush until it looks even and natural, no exaggerated lines. Blending is essential in order to make your makeup last longer.
Don’t use too much contrast in colours
Using too much of a contrasting colour can backfire, leaving you with streaks on the cheek. Here, the sheer blush tones come to your rescue and help build pigment on the apples of the cheeks until you get the desired colour.
Don’t wear blush with a lot of chunky glitters
Such blushes don’t stay on your skin for long. In fact, they leave behind a trace of glitter which may not be to your liking. Plus, let us tell you that this glitter isn’t easy to remove(yes your makeup remover doesn’t help much either). A great way to test how the blush is going to appear on the skin is to try it out before buying it.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines