Updated: March 31, 2021 10:04:28 am
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and is observed by Muslims as a month of fasting, prayer, and reflection. Ramadan lasts for twenty-nine to thirty days, from the sighting of one crescent moon to the next. This time, it will be observed from April 23 to May 23, 2020.
As per Islamic beliefs and traditions, the holy book of Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad during Ramadan. Muslims also believe that during this time, the gates of hell close and those of heaven open. Which is why the community focuses all its attention on God, doing good deeds like feeding and giving alms to the poor and the less privileged. During this month, they also spend quality time with family and friends. This year, however, owing to the ongoing health crisis around the world, certain restrictions will be in place.
On this occasion, send heartfelt messages to your friends and family members, wishing them happiness. Here are some quotes you can pick from:
* I wish you and your family be protected and blessed by Allah Almighty. He is the only savior. Ramadan Mubarak!
* Do promise that this Ramadan we will try to get rid of all our bad habits. May Allah forgive us for all our previous sins.
* May the spirit of Ramadan stay in our hearts and illuminate our souls from within.
* Ramadan Mubarak!
* May you and your loved ones be showered with the choicest blessings of Allah. May you be blessed with prosperity, success and glory.
* May this Ramadan brighten your life forever!
*Have a blessed Ramadan!
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.