Updated: June 21, 2020 11:56:35 am
Happy International Yoga Day 2020 Wishes Images, Quotes, Status, Messages: Health and fitness is unthinkable without yoga. And while health experts and even doctors advise on making yoga a part of daily routine, many people fail to follow it. To make them understand the significance of yoga, every year, a day is marked to internationally celebrate it. This year’s theme is “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home” set by the United Nations.
That there should be a day to celebrate yoga was decided by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). International Yoga Day is celebrated on June 21; this year will be its sixth edition. And with lockdown restrictions in place, the day will focus on yoga at home with family members.
It will largely be a virtual celebration this year. So, if you previously were not into the habit of doing yoga every day, now is a good time for you to start. You are home, with your family, and all of you together can work on better postures and some interesting asanas.
Before the celebrations begin, here are some interesting wishes and images that you can share with your loved ones to get them to celebrate the spirit of the day.
* “One of the fundamental principles of yoga: A small action done repeatedly can make an enormous difference.” — Dr Timothy McCall
* Surya Namaskar is the best way to start your day, and then end it on a positive note.
* International Yoga Day is a reminder we must keep our mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health before anything else, and take some time out to nourish and nurture ourselves with yoga.
* Yoga is about awakening.
* A very happy, healthy and peaceful International Yoga Day to you and your family!
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.