Updated: November 10, 2021 12:56:26 pm
Around the world, many people experience hair fall and hair thinning issues. Contrary to what you may believe, mostly it is a reversible problem, in that you can take some measures to get back your volume.
It is, of course, wise to check with a professional, but along with that, you can also stay informed about supportive therapy for this particular problem.
In one of her Instagram posts, Dr Su, a dermatologist lists some simple things that one can do about the issue of hair thinning. It starts with:
View this post on Instagram
1. Getting adequate sleep: Required for maintaining a healthy hair cycle. It can also release growth hormones which are important for hair health.
2. Doing any activity for releasing stress: This includes getting regular exercising done, which helps manage stress and its effects on the hair.
3. Multi-vitamins: Hair needs iron, folic acid and zinc for strength and thickness. Ask your healthcare provider if you may need multi-vitamins, in case there is some kind of deficiency.
4. Folic acid: It is a type of B-vitamin that can help with cell-regeneration.
5. Biotin: Also known as vitamin B-7, biotin is found naturally in foods like nuts, lentils. You will need to eat a balanced diet.
6. Minoxidil: It is an over-the-counter hair loss loss treatment. When applied on the scalp twice a day, you may be able to see visible differences on the balding spots.
7. Water intake: It is important to drink 3-4 litres of water every day. It can hydrate hair cells and keep your locks healthy.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.