Have you been wracking your brains, trying to come up with some pranks to pull on April Fools’ Day? Here are some fun and practical pranks that you can pull off with guaranteed results.
1. Do you walk through a swinging door each day to your office? Switch the positions of the ‘push’ and ‘pull’ signs. Go to work a little early, stand back and watch the fun as people take a while to figure out how to get in, or out. Don’t experiment on fire escape doors though!
2. This prank may be common, but works like a charm every time. Get hold of five-six alarm clocks, set them at different times and hide them in different corners of your sibling’s/roommate’s room. We guarantee you it’ll drive them nuts as they stumble around looking for the alarm clock, all sleepy-eyed.
3. If you have a pet at home and a friend is afraid of it, you’ll have fun with this prank. Carefully hide a walkie-talkie around your pet and practice your best animal-mimicry voice. When the said friend takes a seat in the vicinity of the pet, do your best impression of your pet. Watch as your friend gets startled — thinking for a second it was the pet who spoke — before common sense prevails.
4. This prank is disgusting, but fun. Take some water in your hands. Each time someone walks past you, sneeze loudly and aim the water-attack for their back. They’ll be horrified thinking you got your mucus all over them.
5. Keep an easily-tearable cloth handy. Whenever someone tries to sit in their chair, rip the cloth a bit. Have fun as they rush to the washrooms, checking for a tear in their pants.
6. You can pull this prank for some light-hearted revenge. Make copies of the intended victim’s assignment and keep the original one somewhere safe. Spill some ink or coffee on it and leave it where they are likely to find it. Just as they are about to break down, produce the original.
7. Send an e-mail to a friend with a prank program. Add a subject line that says ‘spot the difference’. The link, of course, consists of two images that are exactly alike. Just as your friend approaches the screen to closely scrutinise the images, the face of a scary monster appears. Give them time to recover from the shock.
8. Online tests of all kind are all the range. Take advantage of it and look for hearing tests that evaluate auditory senses using musical notes. The tests instruct the user to keep the speaker volume high for best results. As the user selects increasingly higher sound levels, the musical notes give way to a horrific screeching noise at the highest level.
9. Take advantage of the host of fake applications on the Internet. They are disguised as normal-looking computer applications that display messages such as ‘Deleting your hard drive in 15 secs’ or ‘Fatal error: Hard drive crash!’ Watch as the colour drains from your victim’s face. You can then step in, delete the fake application and become their saviour of the day. Of course, you can reveal your role in the prank at the end of the day.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines