“Being someone is more important than seeing someone.”
1. Become Successful: Do not sideline your career because of your search for true love. Even if you find it, you will not be able to sustain the love in the absence of a good career. Successful people do not find love, love finds successful people. Love is not just chemistry and biology, there is serious economics involved in it.
2. Be good looking: God judges you by your intent, people judge you by your looks. Unless you are a billionaire, make sure you work hard to look as good as you can. No one likes to date a person who looks like a loser.
3. Be fit and healthy: Anyone can fall ill but some people actively move towards illness and diseases because of their lifestyle. Never fall in love with the fat on your waist, cholesterol in your blood, and laziness in your body. Your life partner is not under the compulsion to love your fat and ugly self.
4. Do not carry the past baggage: Every person is different. Do not compare your past relationships with the present one. If the past relationships did not work out because of your faults, then work on yourself before you get into another one.
5. Chase your passion: If you are not busy chasing your passion in life you will always disturb people around you. Keep yourself so happy that you do not expect others to do that for you. The world is full of beggars of happiness; make sure you are not one. Keep yourself occupied with short and long-term goals. Celebrate your victories with your life partner and help them in chasing their goals.
6. Intellectual Compatibility: No matter how good your chemistry is in the bed do not forget to check your compatibility outside the bed. Marry the rich or marry the beautiful but do not marry only for looks and money. Always look for intelligent, independent and mature individuals.
7. Give Respect: Never date or marry someone who shouts at you and does not respect you. This also does not mean that you expect people to respect you for your laziness, adultery, addictions or any other self-sabotaging habits.
Be the best if you want to find the best.
The author is a professional speaker and the founder of Success Monks. He has authored 5 books- 60 Keys to Success with NLP, Love Your Mondays and Retire Young and many others.