Updated: May 14, 2020 7:05:22 pm
Wheatgrass is considered a superfood, which is known to contain a variety of nutrients and antioxidants. According to a 2014 study published in the journal Appetite, the consumption of chlorophyll (which wheatgrass comprises) resulted in greater weight loss, over a period of 12 weeks.
It’s pretty easy to grow the plant-based superfood at home. All you need is a small pot — ceramic, earthen or even plastic. Fill it with soil and sow some wheat or gehu and sprinkle water. In a few days, you will see grass sprouting from the seeds. When the grass is finger-size long, just cut it and grind with some water. The taste is not great, but drink it up.
View this post on Instagram
Dia 59. 🌱Green Power🌱 . INICIO / DICCIONARI D'ALIMENTS / HERBA DE BLAT, EL SUPERALIMENT VERD Herba de blat, el superaliment verd This entry was posted in Diccionari d'aliments, Uncategorized @ca and tagged suc verd, herba de blat, clorofil·la. Antioxidant, rica en vitamines i minerals i amb un sabor molt especial, l’herba de blat es pot incorporar a la dieta per ajudar a prevenir moltes malalties. La pots barrejar amb fruita o afegir-ne a les cremes de verdures, per exemple. ￼ L’herba de blat està considerada com un dels superaliments més importants pel que fa a la neteja i desintoxicació del cos, nutrició i regeneració cel·lular, a més de ser un potent alcalinitzant, ja que ajuda a equilibrar el nostre pH. I en poden consumir els celíacs, ja que durant el procés de germinació desapareix el gluten. L’explosió verda que ha representat el germinat de blat en els darrers anys respon als innombrables beneficis que ens aporta la clorofil·la concentrada en aquest aliment. . #wheatgrass #annewigmore #herbadeblat #hierbadetrigo #goodmorning
Here are some benefits that you can count on:
* Wheatgrass is an excellent source of many different vitamins and minerals. It is especially high in vitamins A, C and E, as well as iron, magnesium, calcium and amino acids.
* “Wheatgrass is rich in antioxidants, compounds that fight free radicals to prevent cell damage and reduce oxidative stress that helps in protecting the body from diseases like cancer, heart diseases and other inflammatory diseases like bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, arthritis and also early ageing,” said Amreen Shaikh, head dietitian and nutritionist, Wockhardt Hospital.
ALSO READ | Boost your immunity with these five superfoods
* It helps in digestion by acting as a natural cleanser for your digestive system. It helps to detoxify the body by getting rid of toxins.
View this post on Instagram
We don’t just grow and buy and sell beautiful plants we also grow #wheatgrass too 💚💯 we cannot juice it for you 😕🧃 but we can grow it up for you to take home prior to that 👌 drop us a message if you would like some £3 for a small tray or £5 for a large tray 🌱 #thelittleplantpot #healthy #organic #homegrown #wheatgrasstrays #manchester #uk #houseplants #rare #exotic #beautiful #green #lush #vigorous #plants #grow #growing #gardening #urbangarden
* Helps in relieving constipation since it has high fibre content, which further boosts metabolism.
* High fibre content of wheatgrass also aids in weight loss.
* Wheatgrass also helps in improving immunity since it is rich in many vitamins and minerals. Hence, it can be used to treat common infections like bronchitis, colds, coughs, diarrhea.
* Wheatgrass can be consumed in the form of juice, powder or supplement. But it can be toxic if grown in contaminated water or has mould growth.
📣 The above article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional for any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.