Tulsi is also known as the queen of herbs. Due to its holistic properties Tulsi is widely used in many ayurvedic and naturopathic medicines. Not only its leaves but also its flower has the properties to fight a number of diseases.
A single Tulsi plant can help you get rid of ten health problems.
1. Fever: The juice of Tulsi leaves is very useful as it helps to bring down the fever.
Best of Express Premium
2. Common Cold: Chewing Tulsi leaves on an empty stomach will help you get rid of cold and flu.
3. Sore throat: Boil few Tulsi leaves in your drinking water and use it for gargling in case of a sore throat. It is also very useful for the patients who are suffering from asthma and bronchitis.
4. Headache: Headache due to heat is very common. So just make a paste of the basil leaves and sandalwood and apply it to the forehead. Its cooling effects will definitely make you feel relaxed and calm.
5. Eye problems: Black basil juice plays a very important role for eyes diseases. A few drops of black basil juice in the eyes can cure sore eyes.
6. Dental problem: Mix the dried leaves of basil powder with mustard oil to make a paste, massage your gums with that paste and you can also use this paste for brushing your teeth as it will help to prevent bad breath and disease like pyorrhea.
7. Skin disorder: The juice of basil can also be used to cure several skin problems such as – leucoderma.
8. Insect bites: Insect bites are very common especially during the monsoon season, hence the paste of the root of basil can be applied on that area where insect bites with its stings.
9. Kidney stone: A mixture of honey and juice of basil leaves will result in expelling renal stones through the urinary tract.
10. Reduces stress: Nowadays, stress is very common in our day-to-day life. If you don’t want to have a stressful life then try to eat 12 leaves of basil on a daily basis. These leaves work as an “adaptogen” or anti-stress agent.
(Views expressed by the author are personal)
📣 The above article is for information purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional for any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.