Brownies. Mmmmm. Warm. Gooey. Chocolaty. Brownies.
I am dreaming. And I wake up with this craving for chocolate brownies. I go to the fridge; pick up a chocolate and eat it. I still want brownies. Then I open my collection of recipes. I know I have a lot of brownie recipes there.. I just need to find one for which I have all the ingredients. And lo! Here I am with warm, gooey, very very chocolaty brownies.
Preparation Time: 15 mins| Cooking time: 30 mins + chilling time| Makes ~15
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup chocolate shavings/ chips (as much as you want!)
• Grease a 10X6 inch baking dish (You can use any similar dimension dish say an 8X8 sq dish or a 8 or 9 inch diameter circular dish)
• Preheat oven to 1750C
• Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
• Melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add sugar and eggs (one at a time). Mix it well and add vanilla essence. Keeping whisking by hand until everything is well combined.
• Fold in the flour mixture to the butter mixture. The batter will have a rich, deep, dark brown color satin sheen and a think consistency.
• Spread the batter onto the prepared dish and sprinkle the chocolate shavings/ chips generously
• Bake for about 20 minutes. (A toothpick inserted around the center would come out almost clean. I know that’s not a great way of describing, but well it won’t be very clean because we are making gooey brownies:) 20 minutes should be fine!) Remove from oven and let it cool down.
• Be patient with the cooling process. The brownies will need at least about 2 hours to cool.
• Cut into squares (I did 5X3, making 15 brownies) and enjoy! Stores well in fridge for about 3-4 days.
Food is never just food. I believe it’s story telling, it’s conversation. It brings people together and it speaks a universal language! I love to play around in my kitchen. The thrill of being able to create something new and sharing it with others is what fuels my passion for cooking. The fact that dear husband is a foodie and an honest critique helps! I blog about my adventures in the kitchen at http://www.myweekendkitchen.in/
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines