Updated: November 26, 2015 5:14:59 pm
There are times when you want to make something special, and impress family and friends. For such occasions, the minute you add the term ‘jalfrezie’ to a dish, it automatically assumes an aura of exoticism. This week, from Nita Mehta’s Kitchen, we bring you the wonderfully delicious Baby Corn Jalfrezie that will tantalise the taste buds and have everyone craving for more.
Baby Corn Jalfrazie
12 baby corns, cut into half length-wise
1 cup paneer, cut into 1″-long strips
2 tbsp oil
2 onions, chopped
½ tsp onion seeds (kalonji), crushed
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera), crushed
1/8 tsp asafoetida (hing), crushed
½ tsp coriander seeds (saboot dhania), crushed
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 spring onionsm sliced diagonally, keep the greens separate
½ green capsicum, sliced
½ red capsicum, sliced
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp roasted cumin (bhuna jeera) powder
For the Tomato Masala
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
½ cup ready-made tomato puree
2 tbsp green coriander, chopped
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
* Microwave oil, cumin, onion seeds, asafoetida, chopped onions and crushed saboot dhania for around 7 minutes. Add the ginger-green chilli paste. Mix. Add ¼ cup water and mix.
* Add the baby corns, spring onion, red and green capsicums. Mix well. Microwave for 5 minutes. Add the paneer, red chilli powder, salt and bhuna jeera powder. Mix well. Keep aside.
* For the tomato masala, microwave oil with ready-made tomato puree, ketchup, pepper and salt for 4 minutes.
* Add chopped coriander and the baby corns with paneer. Mix gently. To serve, microwave for 2 minutes.
Your Baby Corn Jalfrezi is ready.
Best of Express Premium
Also watch: FOODi.e. videos
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.