As much as we love gorging on pakodas and other fried snacks, they are not always healthy for the body. But what if you could get to eat a dish that would not only satiate your craving but also be healthy? This weekend, cook healthy tikkis made of green moong and oats with a recipe by none other than celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
Kapoor shared the recipe on Instagram. Check it out:
1 1/2 cup – Green moong whole, soaked and boiled
1/2 cup – Oats powder
1 – Potato of medium size, boiled and grated
1 – Onion of medium size, finely chopped
1 tsp – Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp – Chaat masala
1 – Green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp – Coriander leaves, chopped
Oil as required
* In a plate, add the boiled green moong. Now mash it.
* Once mashed, add oats powder, followed by boiled potato and chopped onion.
* Add red chilli powder, salt and chaat masala. Mix all the ingredients well.
* Add the green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix again.
* Take a portion of the mixture on your palm and shape into a small flat ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
* In a pan, heat oil for frying. Now place the tikkis one after another on the pan and fry on both sides till they turn golden brown. Serve.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines