Rakul Preet Singh has been honing her culinary skills of late, experimenting with a variety of healthy dishes. The De De Pyar De actor recently added yet another delicacy to her list of cooking adventures.
Rakul Preet, who swears by healthy vegan food, baked a healthy, yummy pumpkin chocolate cake; she shared pictures of it on Instagram. The cake, she revealed, was “gluten free, grain free and refined sugar free”.
View this post on Instagram
When you know you can have that entire slice of cake cos it’s healthy 😝😜 👩🍳 #chefrakul #pakomatpakao . @rashichowdhary you will be super happy As this is made of all ingredients to allow me to eat. It’s gluten free , grain free and refined sugar free.. I know it’s hard to believe that a #PUMPKINCHOCOLATECAKE can turn out soooo good 😜❤️ #goodnessofcleanfood
“When you know you can have that entire slice of cake because it’s healthy,” she wrote alongside the pictures where she is seen eating the chocolate cake.
As Rakul Preet mentions, you need not curb your craving for cake as long as you can make sure it is healthy. To help you do that here is a recipe for vegan, gluten-free pumpkin chocolate cake, courtesy Green Smoothie Gourmet by food blogger Dee Dine. Try this:
1 cup – Almond milk
1 tbsp – Apple cider vinegar
Ingredients in a large bowl
1 can – Pumpkin puree
1½ cup – Organic cane sugar
½ cup – Light olive oil
2 tbsp – Cold coffee
2 tbsp – Vanilla
Ingredients in a small bowl
1¾ cup – Gluten-free all purpose flour
¾ cup – Cocoa powder
1½ tsp – Baking soda
1½ tsp – Baking powder
1 tsp – Cinnamon
1 tbsp – Pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp – Salt
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Apply butter or coconut oil on the inside of two cake round pans (eight to nine inch).
* Dust with cocoa powder, and shake out the excess. Keep them aside.
* Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a cup and let it rest for a few minutes.
* Mix all the ingredients in the large bowl. Stir until combined.
* In the small bowl, mix up all the dry ingredients.
* Alternately add the apple cider vinegar mixture and the dry ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl with all the wet ingredients. Keep mixing the ingredients well as you keep adding.
* Divide the batter between your cake pans.
* Bake for about 35 minutes or until the cake is ready. Cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
* Frost carefully as the layers will have crumbly surfaces.
For more lifestyle news, follow us: Twitter: lifestyle_ie | Facebook: IE Lifestyle | Instagram: ie_lifestyle
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines