January 22, 2022 10:20:36 am
Coming up with new, nourishing, and healthy meals and snacks everyday can be quite a feat. But who wants to get stuck into a rut of eating the same thing everyday?
Healthy meals can be made tasty, satiating, and only with a few ingredients, like this desi version of the once-viral wrap that gives all other wraps a run for their money. It’s quick, healthy, gluten and oil-free, and needs pantry essential ingredients, including our trustworthy masoor dal. You can have it any time of the day, for a quick but filling meal or a yum snack.
Chef Guntas Sethi Bhasin’s lentil wrap recipe is completely customisable. All you have to do is make the two-ingredient wrap with masoor dal and then, you can add the fillings of your choice in the wrap!
Let’s check out the recipe.
Best of Express Premium
View this post on Instagram
*1 cup Masoor dal or split red lentils
*Salt and red chilli powder
*Hung curd dip
- Soak the masoor dal for at least 4 hours.
- Mix it with some salt and chilli, and blitz it into a fine consistency with the water in a mixer grinder.
- Then pour it onto a non-stick pan without any oil and cook it on medium heat.
- Cook it well on both sides and make a slit from the centre to the end.
- Then, add your choice of fillings on every quarter, like sauted onions and tomatoes, grated carrots and chopped basil, a hung curd dip, and lastly some sriracha sauce.
🗞 Subscribe Now: Get Express Premium to access our in-depth reporting, explainers and opinions 🗞️
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.