April 15, 2020 3:50:16 pm
A lot of people have taken to baking as part of experimenting with their culinary skills while being at home during the lockdown. Banana bread, for instance, became a hit after celebrities like Alia Bhatt and Sonam Kapoor baked it. Take a look:
Another recipe that has been drawing attention lately actually dates back to the time of Great Depression: peanut butter bread. It has been taken from the Great Depression-era Five Roses Cookbook, first published in 1932, and many Reddit users are now trying their hand at baking it.
2 cups – All purpose flour
1/4 cups – Sugar
4 tsp – Baking powder
1/2 tsp – Salt
1 1/3 cups – Milk
1/2 – Peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix dry ingredients together
3. Mix the ingredients in milk and then add peanut butter
4. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan
5. Bake for about an hour.
Would you like to try this easy recipe?
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.