Blending fruits with cream or coconut cream is the best way to make ice-cream at home. The natural sugars in the fruit are enough to sweeten the ice cream, or one can always add some honey, or a dash of sugar. Using flavourful and fully ripe fruits is advisable when making frozen desserts at home as the flavours are more pronounced this way.
300g or 2- Large fully ripe peaches
200ml- Coconut cream or 200g tender coconut flesh
1 to 2 tbsp- Honey (or as required)
1 tbsp- Coconut flakes or chips (you could lightly dry-roast them, too)
* Halve the peaches and peel the thin skin as you would peel the skin of parboiled tomatoes. Fully ripe softened peach would allow you to do that.
* Chop and freeze in a container. Freeze the coconut cream in an ice tray to make it easy to blend. Freeze both of these ingredients for at least two hours.
* Empty both the contents into a heavy duty blender and blend till completely smooth and silky.
* Scoop out the semi-frozen peaches and cream dessert into glasses or mugs.
* Sprinkle coconut flakes over the dessert, and serve right away.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines