With 2019 just a day away, New Year celebrations have already begun and it’s only expected that you would want to ring in the coming year with your near and dear ones with some amazing drinks, food, and delectable desserts. While the internet is flooded with recipes of desserts, it is important to get your hands on the right recipe, so that you start the year on a sweet note.
To help you usher in the new year with some amazing desserts and memorable moments, we have assembled some delicious restaurant-style dessert recipes that are simple to prepare and are sure to leave your guests impressed.
Cinnamon Star Cookies
By Stephane Calvet, Executive Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru
2kg – Butter
2.2kg – Castor sugar
200g – Christmas mix spice
100g – Cinnamon powder
300g – Honey
150g – Glucose
1kg – Cream
1kg – Buckwheat flour
3.5kg – Bread flour
100g – Baking soda
* Make a creamy mixture of honey, glucose, butter, and sugar together.
* Whip the cream and add to the flour and soda.
* Mix together and keep in the chiller overnight.
* Roll out and cut in star shapes.
* Bake at 190 degrees celsius till golden brown.
Chocolate and Almond Rum Ball
By Chef Manish Malhotra
250g – Chocolate sponge, eggless
100g – Dark chocolate
150 ml – Single cream
100g – Almond
100g – Castor sugar
10g – Instant coffee powder
15 ml – Dark rum
* Heat cream in a pan, bring it to a boil and remove from heat. Add the chocolate and keep aside till slightly cool and then mix well.
* Toast the almonds in the oven at 180 degree celsius for 8-10 minutes. Roughly chop the almonds.
* Heat castor sugar in a pan and caramelise, add the roughly chopped almonds and remove the nougat on to a parchment paper. Crush the nougat with a rolling pin till slightly coarse.
* In a mixing bowl, crumb the chocolate sponge till you reach breadcrumb consistency, add half the chocolate ganache, instant coffee powder dissolved in a teaspoon of water, rum, and mix with hands till the mixture is even in consistency.
* Now add 2/3 of the crushed almond nougat into the mix and form into small round balls (35-40 gm) and refrigerate.
* Once slightly set, coat the rum balls with the remaining chocolate ganache.
* Garnish with almond nougat and serve.
Almond Strawberry Cake
By Chef Manish Malhotra
1/2 cup – Almonds
14 pieces – Strawberry
1 cup – Whipping cream
1 tsp – Basil leaves
3 tbsp – Sugar
* Toast the almond flakes in the oven at 180 degree celsius for 4 minutes.
* Cut the strawberries into 1 cm dices.
* Whip the cream along with sugar. Do not over whip it or the butter will separate.
* Mix the almond flakes and strawberries into the cream along with hand torn holy basil.
* Garnish with almonds and sliced strawberries.
By Del Monte
3/4 cup – All-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup – Cocoa powder, sifted
3/4 cup – Brown sugar
3 – Medium sized eggs
1 tsp – Vanilla essence
100g – Butter
1/2 cup – Del Monte dried cranberries
50g – Dark chocolate
* Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
* Line 8×8 inches square pan.
* In a large ovenproof bowl, melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave for a couple of minutes. Take it out and whisk them well.
* Add sugar and mix. Add one egg at a time and whisk well. Add vanilla essence and mix.
* Add flour and cocoa powder and fold.
* Pour the mixture in the lined pan. Add cranberries and level the mixture evenly.
* Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 minutes or until skewers come out clean.
* Cool, cut and serve.
Coconut Cranberry Chocolate Fudge
By Del Monte
400g – Condensed milk
300g – White chocolate
100g – Desiccated coconut
130g – Dried cranberries
50g – Dried almonds, finely sliced
Pinch of salt
* Layer a baking pan or any square pan with parchment paper. Leave enough extra paper on the edge so that you can pull the fudge out once set.
* In a pan, spread the desiccated coconut and toast until golden brown.
* In a saucepan, pour condensed milk along with finely chopped white chocolate.
* At medium heat, cook the milk until the chocolate melts. Keep stirring to avoid it from burning.
* Once done, switch off the heat and mix toasted coconut, salt along with almond and cranberries.
* Give a stir and pour the mixture on the prepared pan.
* Allow it to refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to set.
* Once set, cut in bite sizes and store it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.