It’s something that can energise you on a day when you are fasting. Khajoor (Dates) is high on nutrients and a must for your navratri fasts.
You can also make this shake during summers in cold milk and warm milk during winters.
2 cups milk
12 Khajoor (dates)
3-4 cashew nuts
2 Green cardamom
1 cup Ice cubes (if you prefer)
* Rinse the dates thoroughly, remove the stalk and cut into thin slices.
* Cut cashew nuts into small pieces. Peel cardamom and make powder.
* Place khajoor pieces in grinder, add some milk and make a fine paste. Now add cardamom in rest of the milk and mix.
* Add ice cubes.
* Serve in a glass and garnish with cashew nuts.
* Dates are very sweet, so don’t add sugar in shake. If you like having more sugar then add honey or sugar as per your preference. You can also add vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream before serving.
* Strain shake before serving if you want.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines