Updated: May 26, 2020 12:57:57 pm
Cooking during the lockdown has become a trend in almost every household. Moreover, the lockdown period that started in March has witnessed a lot many festivals, too. This has made many people turn towards new dessert delicacies and traditional savouries to mark the festivities. Considering that people are stuck at home, food has become their only way distraction from all the negativity.
Dark chocolate is chocolate containing more cocoa and less sugar. It further contains a healthy plant compound known as polyphenols but it has fat, hence it is advisable to lower your intake. But, you can still prepare this at home.
ALSO, READ | Bored at home? Learn how to bake a cake in a pan
120 to 130g – Chocolate Bar
100g – Fresh cream
15g – Unsalted milk butter
15g – Malai
* Cut the Fabelle chocolate bar into 15mm pieces and place in a round-bottom bowl.
* Take 30 ml cream and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
* Bring the remaining 70g Fresh cream to boil (just about 80 deg C) and add milk butter.
* Pour over chocolate pieces and allow 5 to 7 minutes’ cooling time.
* Mix and fold with a spatula to melt the chocolate completely, followed by a hand blender for 2-3 minutes.
* Add the cold cream.
* Beat for 20 minutes by placing ice pack below the bowl to get enough frothing.
* Once you see a fluffy mass, stop beating and place it in the fridge.
* While serving, sprinkle some cocoa powder or coffee powder depending on your mood. Garnish with almond slivers and a slice of strawberry, and serve cold.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.