December 16, 2016 9:15:08 pm
Cooking for children can be quite tricky, especially if you have picky eaters. It isn’t enough to simply ensure that they are well-fed but also necessary to check if they are eating nutritious food, even if it’s only snacks. To make your life easier and help you ease off on your parenting woes, we bring you this delicious recipe by Rushina Munshaw Ghildiyal for your little ones to enjoy. We bet you will love it too.
300g – Chicken breast, cut into strips
1/2 tsp – Salt
1 tbsp – Garlic paste
1 tbsp – Ginger paste
1 tbsp – Green chilli ginger paste
1 cup – Oats
3/4 cup – Refined flour
1/2 tsp – Freshly ground black pepper
1tbsp – Dried mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp – Garlic powder
* Place the chicken breast on a flat surface lined with cling wrap and hammer it with a meat mallet until you get equal thickness.
* Cut the chicken breast into 2 inch thick strips, horizontally and place them in a mixing bowl.
* Add salt, ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and mix well. Keep aside to marinate for 15-20 mins.
* To make the oat crumb, place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground.
* Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and herbs and blend to make a coarse powder. Now, spread out an even layer on a plate.
* To cook chicken tenders, heat a pan and brush with oil. Take each chicken strip, dredge in oat mixture and place on the hot pan, ensuring it is completely flat.
* Cook until golden brown for around 3-5 mins. Flip over and repeat the same process.
* Serve hot and crispy.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.