Sometimes we don’t realise how much chemical additives we ingest even when we are eating or drinking supposedly healthy options. We know how good is green tea and we try to order green tea in a café or get it made even for office meetings. But since most of us have a dislike towards bitter tasting green tea we turn towards flavoured green teas. That is where we make a mistake.
First of all, green tea should not taste bitter if it is good quality. Second, all teas should be brewed sensibly. And third, good quality green tea and real herbs and fruits should be used if making flavoured teas. Most tea bags with flavoured green teas are synthetically flavoured.
The easiest foolproof way to brew a good tea is to cold brew it for a few hours along with the herb of choice. Tea can be consumed at room temperature, but in summers we generally like our teas iced.
Here is a foolproof way to make the real deal. Use good quality loose black, green or white tea or any other tea of your choice.
* Fill a jug with 1 litre of water and drop in 2 tsp of tea leaves of your choice.
* Leave it overnight for cold brewing or keep it in the sun for solar brewing which is great in many ways. Making a large batch helps so plan according to your requirement.
* Fill some fresh herbs of choice after lightly macerating them, into the serving glasses or bottles.
* Strain the cold brewed tea and fill into the bottles with fresh herbs.
* You can use cut fruits instead of herbs to make fruit flavoured teas.
* Chill before serving or add ice cubes.
* Honey can be added if required.
For news updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Instagram
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines