Updated: April 26, 2016 12:04:51 pm
While some can’t get over the rising temperatures, summer for me means mangoes. You can’t get enough of them and I can think of a 100 different ways to celebrate this season’s fruit. While pickles and mango-based curries are the order of the day, here’s a recipe for a fool-proof Indian cooler to beat the heat: the Mango kesari kulfi. Creamy kulfi combined with the taste of the sweet mangoes and the added crunch of pistachios – what more could you ask for?
Mango Kesar Kulfi
1.5 cup- Sugar
2 tbsp- Cream
A few strands of saffron (Kesar)
1 and ¼ Cup- Mango Pulp
2 tbsp- Pistachio
8- Kulfi moulds
8- Ice Cream Sticks
* Heat milk in a wide pan and bring to a boil.
Best of Express Premium
* In a small bowl, keep aside 1-2 tbsp of the boiled milk and add the saffron strands to it.
* Now, reduce the larger quantity of milk on a medium flame, stirring it occasionally to prevent burning. The trick to perfect kulfi is stirring milk evenly.
* Add the soaked saffron to the reducing milk, stiring all the while and reduce to half. Add the sugar and cream, and cook it for another 1-2 minutes.
* After reducing the milk, let it cool down completely.
* After it cools down, add mango pulp and pistachios and pour into kulfi moulds.
* Set the moulds in the freezer for two hours. After two hours take them out, insert ice cream sticks into each of the kulfi moulds.
* Let it set for another four hours and serve.
Watch how the mango kesar kulfi is made
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.