If you are in the mood to eat something crispy, here’s a chance to keep regular chips and pakodas aside and opt for a nutritious alternative instead–apple chips.
The goodness of apples in the form of chips is not only healthy but will also satiate your craving. And all you need to make these chips are apples. You can also try Shilpa Shetty’s healthy sweet potato chips recipe.
Chef Amrita Raichand recently took to Instagram to share a very easy recipe for baking apple chips.
“Easy and quick to make and the taste is just yum! Try them now with a refreshing drink of your choice!” wrote the chef on Instagram.
Try Raichand’s recipe:
Apple (red apples will be sweeter with more moisture, green ones will be more tart)
Salt, pepper and chaat masala to taste
* Wash and dry apples properly.
* Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
* Core the apples with a corer or a knife. Do not peel them.
* Slice the apples as thin as you can with a knife or slicer.
* Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
* Place the slices on the baking pan, one next to the other without any overlap.
* Bake the slices for about 15-20 minutes. Now turn over each slice and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or so until they become crispy. The crispness will depend on the heat of your oven and the moisture of the apples so best to use your discretion while checking on them, as Raichand suggested.
* Once the chips are properly baked, remove them from the oven. Sprinkle some chaat masala on them and have them immediately before they turn soggy as they may if left in the open for long.
View this post on Instagram
Monsoons are here and as much as one would want to indulge in some heavy duty pakoras.. (yes sometimes I do too 😅) let’s give the humble #Applechips a chance to satisfy your craving, whilst keeping your health at check too! Here’s an absolutely delicious crunchy & chatpata #Apple chips recipe to keep you happy over the Weekend😋 Easy & quick to make & the taste is just yummmm! Try them now with a refreshing drink of your choice! In fact, what would be your preferred drink with these crispy chips? Let me know in the comments below! Ingredients Apples (red apples will be sweeter with more moisture, green ones will be more tart) – as many as you like Salt, pepper & chat masala to taste Instructions -Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. -Line your baking pan with parchment paper. -Wash and dry the apples properly. -Core them with a corer or a knife (which will be tough) but don’t peel them. -Now slice the apples as thin as you can with a very sharp knife or a slicer. -Place the slices on the baking pan next to each other without any overlap. -Bake for about 15-20 mins & then turn each slice over, & continue to bake another 10 minutes or so Or till they seem crisp enough. The crispness will depend on the heat of your over & the moisture of the apples so best to use your diligence while checking on them. -Once done, remove from the oven, sprinkle some chat masala & have them immediately as due to the weather currently, they may turn soggy! #BeingAmrita #Chef&Beyond #MommyChef #CookingwithKids #HealthyEating #Recipes #Cooking #Kidsrecipies #mummykamagic #HealthyChef #HealthyFood #HealthyRecipes #Healthycooking #Homecooking #YummyFood #HealthyIsNotBoring #Foodie #NomNom #Monsoon #Chips #Apples #monsooncravings #Applechips
So, what are you waiting for? Bake apple chips today!