September 8, 2016 9:28:19 pm
Love fried chicken? Love cashew nuts? How about combining the two to satiate your food cravings? We have a special Fried Chicken and Cashew Nuts in Soy Sauce Glaze recipe that we bet you are going to fall in love with. And the best part is that it’s super easy to make!
* 2 slices – Chicken thigh meat (cut into 2 to 3 cm cubes)
* 3 tbsp – Medium or amber maple syrup
* 1 cup – Raw cashew nuts
* 1 piece (around 2 cm) – Raw ginger thinly sliced
* Oil for deep frying
* 2 tbsp – Soy sauce
* 1 spring onion – Cut into large chunks
* 2 red peppers – Seeds removed and minced
* Flour as needed
Seasoning for the chicken
* 1 tbsp – Vinegar
* 1 tbsp- Medium maple syrup
* 1 tbsp – Ginger juice (from fresh ginger)
* Salt as required
* Coarsely ground pepper as required
Best of Express Premium
* Season the chicken with vinegar, maple syrup, ginger juice, salt and pepper and leave it for 20 minutes. Then, remove the excess moisture from the chicken and dredge it with flour.
* Put oil in a pan and while ir is cold, add the cashew nuts and place it over medium heat. Fry them until they are golden brown and then fry the chicken until it’s crisp and golden.
* Place the thinly sliced ginger and maple syrup in a wok and simmer. When it’s slightly boiled down, add the soy sauce and boil for sometime more till it starts bubbling.
* Add fried chicken and cashew nuts, red pepper, spring onion and pepper to this glaze and you are good to go. If you want, you can add a dash of coarsely ground salt to it too.
🗞 Subscribe Now: Get Express Premium to access our in-depth reporting, explainers and opinions 🗞️
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.