Updated: September 19, 2014 1:38:09 pm
You often over-estimate the quantity of coffee you want to gulp, and end up having guilt pangs about discarding it. Fret not, for we give you four amazing tips for making the best use of the coffee waste.
1) Use it to bake cake: If you are baking a cake, you can use leftover coffee instead of water in the cake batter. This works especially well with chocolate cake. You can also use this for baking brownies
2) Make yummy coffee ice-cream: You can combine the leftover coffee with milk, cream and sugar to make some homemade coffee ice-cream.
3) Water your plants with coffee: You can also water your acid-loving plants with the left-over coffee.
4) Make your fertilizers with it: You can use it for composting to get better fertilizers faster.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.