July 3, 2014 10:56:50 am
We generally get tempted by frequently advertised food items high in ingredients such as sugar, fat and salt.
Huffingtonpost.com shares a list of addictive unhealthy food items:
1. Processed baked goods: Eating just one Oreo seems like it is just not an option. Studies show an ingredient in many baked goods – high-fructose corn syrup, can actually cause reactions similar to those made by drug abuse.
2. Soda with caffeine: Soda’s combination of sugar or high-fructose corn syrup, with caffeine, is the perfect addictive recipe.
3. Potato chips: Potato chips are high in salt and fat. When we bite into a greasy, fatty potato chip, our nerve endings send signals, which travel up to the pleasure center of our brains. We eventually overload the pleasure center, and crash. Then, we want more, more, more.
4. French fries: The salt in those fried potato sticks is precisely what keeps us hooked, and always wanting more.
5. Ice cream: It is also full of fat, calories, sugar, and often the addictive high-fructose corn syrup.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.