Remember that sizzzzzling sound and the warm aroma when the waiter carried a plate of sizzling brownie to the neighbouring table for dessert and suddenly you would change your mind from having no dessert to just one portion of the sizzling brownie? It’s happened with me many a times, and I am sure with you too.
But with one little purchase of a sizzling brownie platter, we are able to have this amazing dessert entirely home-made, and whenever we desire.
I’ve used the basic chocolate brownie recipe and an even easier home-made ice-cream recipe.
SIZZLING CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
For the Brownie
1/2 cup – Vegetable oil
1 cup – White sugar
1 tsp – Vanilla essence
2 – Eggs
1/2 cup – Flour
1/3 cup – Cocoa powder
1/4 tsp – Baking powder
A pinch – Salt
* Preheat oven to 200ºC.
* In a mixing bowl, combine together oil and sugar until well blended.
* Add in eggs and vanilla essence and stir the mixture to blend.
* In a separate bowl, combine together all the dry ingredients.
* Add the dry mixture to the oil-sugar mixture and mix together using an electric whisk on medium speed or just use a fork.
* Grease a 9X9 pan and pour in the brownie mixture. Tap to level.
* Bake for about 20 minutes.
* Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting.
For the Ice-cream
400ml – Fresh cream
400g – Sweetened condensed milk (usually all brands have 1 tin of around 400g)
1 tbsp – Vanilla essence
* In a large mixing bowl beat cream, using an electric mixer, till soft peaks form.
* Add the condensed milk and vanilla essence. Mix for about a minute with the electric mixture or just fold in everything using a fork.
* Freeze in a tub or small containers.
For the Chocolate sauce
3 tsp – Cocoa powder
1/2 cup – Water
1/2 cup – Caster sugar
* Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
* Let it boil for about 5 minutes till you get a thick and dark syrup.
* Heat the sizzling brownie platter on medium high heat.
* Once the platter is hot, roughly break the brownie and put on platter. Keep on heat for about a minute till the brownie is warm.
* Remove from heat and put the platter on it’s holding tray.
* Add scoops of vanilla ice-cream and generously drizzle chocolate sauce.