Updated: July 6, 2017 9:39:17 pm
My 7-year-old niece made this chocolate log for me when I went to visit her this summers! She of course had some help from my sister, but she told me ‘maasi I made it 95% by myself. Mumma just helped me teeny tiny much’.
I was all awed by it. It looks so classy and it tastes yum. The next she taught me how to do it and then the following day and the day after that we made it again and again. Child’s play! Ready to get your hands all chocolaty.
Marie Biscuit Chocolate Log
Preparation: 20 mins | No Cooking!
1 packet Marie biscuit
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup finely crushed walnuts and almonds
for the soaking liquid
3 tsp instant coffee powder
1 cup hot water
Vanilla ice cream
Chocolate rice for sprinkling
* Add coffee powder to the hot water. Leave aside for 5 mins to cool to room temperature.
* In a small bowl, to make the chocolate icing, mix together butter, cocoa powder, icing sugar and vanilla essence.
* Dip Marie biscuit, one by one, in the instant coffee liquid and stack one on top of another. Make sure not to dip the biscuit in the liquid for too long else the biscuits will become very soggy and break.
* Put the chocolate butter icing on all the sides of the biscuit roll. Smooth with a butter knife.
* Spread the crushed nuts in a plate and roll the chocolate covered biscuit log in the crushed nuts.
* Wrap the log in aluminium foil and keep it in freezer for an hour.
* At the time of serving, cut the log diagonally. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream sprinkled with chocolate rice.
Food is never just food. I believe it’s story telling, it’s conversation. It brings people together and it speaks a universal language! I love to play around in my kitchen. The thrill of being able to create something new and sharing it with others is what fuels my passion for cooking. The fact that dear husband is a foodie and an honest critique helps! I blog about my adventures in the kitchen at http://www.myweekendkitchen.in/
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.