Updated: June 14, 2016 12:16:31 pm
Mango milkshakes are among the most popular drinks in India, especially during summer. This is quite a simple and delicious recipe using the pulp, which you can easily whip up at home. Mangoes have several health benefits.
The fruit boosts your fibre intake, which in turn helps digestion and protects your body from several chronic conditions. Antioxidants in mangoes have been found to fight cancer.
Subscriber Only Stories
2 cups – Mango, cubed
3/4 cup – Milk
Sugar – To taste
For the garnish
1/2 tbsp – Mixed dry fruits including walnut, almond
1 tbsp – Pistachio
* Peel, deseed and slice mangoes. You can get two cups from approximately two mangoes.
* Combine mango, milk and sugar in a blender/mixi and blend it until mixture is smooth. I like it slightly thick. If you want it thinner, add more milk.
* Add sugar as needed. It depends on the sweetness of the mango.
* Garnish it using chopped dry fruits and pistachio.
* Optionally, you can also add ice cubes during blending.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.