The basic cheese omelette is a breakfast staple. It’s so easy and delicious that it’s unfair to reach for that box of cereal for breakfast even on the weekend!
BASIC CHEESE OMELETTE
Preparation Time: 2 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Serves: 1
2 – Large eggs
A knob – Butter
1/2 tsp – Thyme
Salt – To taste
Black pepper or Red chilli flakes – To taste
2 tbsp – Cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp – Milk
* Place a pan over low heat and let it get hot.
* Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add in all the spices and a tbsp of milk. I always add a little milk to my eggs, it make the omelette fluffier and also takes away the smell. Beat well with a fork.
* Once the pan is hot, add the butter.
* When the butter has melted, add the beaten eggs and spread them out evenly.
* When the omelette begins to firm up but still has some liquid on top, grate the cheese directly onto the omelette. Let it cook for about a minute, till the omelette starts to turn golden brown from underneath.
* Ease around the edges with a spatula and fold the omelette in half and slide it onto the serving plate.
* Enjoy as is or with some toasted bread.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines