Updated: June 10, 2015 4:51:57 pm
It’s the season of mangoes and it’s the season of ice creams. The combination of two favourites of the season is just awesome. A recipe that lets you enjoy mango at its best.
2 ripe mangoes
250 gm fresh cream
5 tbsp powdered sugar
a few drops yellow colour
1 tsp gelatin
* Blend mangoes to a puree in a mixer to get about 2 cups puree.
* Soak gelatin in 1 tbsp water.
* Cook on low heat till it dissolves.
* Add gelatine to mango puree and mix well.
* Whip chilled cream with powdered sugar till thick.
* Add mango puree and mix well. Add colour if required. Check sugar.
* Transfer to an ice cream box. Cover with a plastic sheet (cling wrap) and then with the lid. Freeze overnight or till firm.
Nita Mehta is a celebrated chef and has penned over 600 books. Her book cover a multitude of cuisines from around the world. 450 of her books have been on the best-seller list, and in the short span of a few years she has sold over 7.5 million books. Several of her books have also won International Awards. She has conducted cooking classes in USA, UK, Canada and several other countries, and appeared on many TV channels in cookery shows.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.