One of the few good things about the sultry summer season is the availability of mangoes. Aam Panna, Mango shake, Mango Lassi, Mango pickle, Mango ice-cream, Aam Paapad…the list is endless. Eggless Mango Cake can also be one option, only if you know the recipe. Here goes.
Maida – 1 cup (110 grams)
Mango – 1 (300 grams)
Condensed milk – ½ cup (200 grams)
Powdered sugar – ½ cup (100 grams)
Milk – 3-4 tbsp
Butter – 1/3 cup (80 grams)
Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
Raisins- 2 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
* Add baking soda and baking powder in maida and mix well. Strain the mixture twice. Add butter, mango pulp and condensed milk in a separate bowl and whisk them nicely. Also add powdered sugar and mix well.
* Cut cashews into small pieces. Remove the stalk of raisins and wipe clean with a cloth.
* Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade.
* Grease the cake container with ghee or butter. Place a butter paper or plain paper that fits into the container and place it at the bottom. Grease the paper as well with some butter.
* Add dry ingredients like maida and baking powder in condensed milk and mango pulp. Whisk the batter until all lumps get dissolved. Also add milk, cashews and raisins in the batter.
* Pour the batter in the container and tap it on surface so that it gets even. Oven is hot, place the container in oven and set oven for 25 minutes on 180 degree centigrade. Check after 25 minutes. Cake has not turned brown from top yet. Place it back in oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes and check again. Cake has turned brown from top. Insert a knife in cake to check it. The batter should not stick to the knife. If the knife comes out clean that means cake is baked completely.
* Take out the cake from oven and allow it to get frigid. Now separate the cake from mold. For this run knife all around the cake and place the container upside down over a plate. Cake will come out from the mold. Remove the butter paper from top and cut into pieces as per your preference.
Things to remember
* Make sure the cake batter is not too thick or too thin in consistency. If the batter is thin then cake puffs up quickly but gets flat later.
* If the batter is too thick then cake doesn’t puffs up as per desire.
* Bake the cake first for 25 minutes and then bake it as per the requirement.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.