Updated: June 3, 2015 4:47:20 pm
This quick recipe is a perfect summer breakfast. Light and tasty, Suji Idlis are extremely light on stomach.
Makes 6-8 Idlis
1 cup semolina (suji)
1 tbsp oil, 1 cup curd
½ cup water, approx.
½ tsp baking soda (mitha soda)
¾ tsp salt
* In a dish put 1 tbsp oil. Microwave for 1 minute.
* Add suji. Mix well. Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes.
* Add salt. Mix well. Allow to cool.
* Add curd and water. Mix till smooth.
* Add baking soda. Mix very well till smooth. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
* Grease 6-8 small glass katoris or plastic idli moulds.
* Pour 3-4 tbsp mixture into each katori.
* Arrange katoris in a ring in the microwave and microwave uncovered for 3½ minutes.
* Let them stand for 5 minutes. Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
Nita Mehta is a celebrated chef and has penned over 600 books. Her book cover a multitude of cuisines from around the world. 450 of her books have been on the best-seller list, and in the short span of a few years she has sold over 7.5 million books. Several of her books have also won International Awards. She has conducted cooking classes in USA, UK, Canada and several other countries, and appeared on many TV channels in cookery shows.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.