If you want to give a twist to your regular suji (semolina) halwa, this is the perfect recipe. Prepared with semolina and strawberry pulp, this preparation partly tastes like jam. And your kids are going to love this for sure.
Time – 40 minutes
100 grams strawberry
100 grams semolina (1/2 cup)
100 grams sugar (1/2 cup)
100 grams ghee (1/2 cup)
6 to 7 cashews
6 to 7 almonds
1 tsp raisins
10 to 12 pistachios
4 green cardamom
* Wash strawberry thoroughly, remove stalk and cut them in small chunks. Now grind the chunks to make puree.
* Place a pan over flame, add ghee (keep some for later use). When ghee melts, add semolina and roast on low-medium flame until it gets golden brown in colour. Keep stirring the semolina constantly with the help of ladle.
* After sauteing semolina, add 2 cup water, sugar and strawberry puree in the pan and cook halwa on low-medium flame until semolina gets puffy.
* Cut cashews in small pieces. Cut almonds and pistachios in thin slices.
* After semolina gets puffy, keep stirring the halwa at regular intervals until it gets dense.
* Now add raisins, cashews, almonds and pistachios. Also add cardamom powder and 1 tsp ghee. Mix everything really well.
* Strawberry halwa is ready. Pour 1 to 2 tsp ghee over the halwa and garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve steaming hot.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.