October 1, 2015 1:13:08 pm
The combination of very nutritious spinach and very versatile paneer is yummilicious to say the least. Palak Paneer is something which could very well be a party preparation as well as a regular dinner dish. Check out the recipe by celebrity cookbook author and chef Nita Mehta.
Ingredients: Palak Paneer
250 gm paneer – cut into 1” cubes
1 bundle (600 gm) spinach
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
½” piece ginger, 4-5 flakes of garlic
2 onions – chopped, 1 green chilli – chopped
2 tsp coriander powder (dhania), ½ tsp garam masala
2 tomatoes – chopped
2 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
1 tbsp butter
½ tsp red chilli powder, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ tsp sugar
¼ cup milk
* In a microproof deep bowl put oil, cumin, ginger, garlic, onions, green chilli, 2 tsp coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well. Microwave for 5 minutes.
* Add chopped tomatoes and dry fenugreek leaves. Mix well. Add washed spinach leaves. Microwave for 8 minutes.
* Cool spinach. Blend with ½ cup water.
* Transfer the spinach puree to the same microproof dish. Add 1 tbsp butter, ½ tsp red chilli powder, paneer, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ tsp sugar, ¼ cup milk and ¼ cup water. Mix well.
* Microwave for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.