Updated: July 15, 2015 2:04:06 pm
The purpose is to make healthy food delicious. You may not be very fond of Moong Daal, but you cannot say no to these heavenly kebabs.
Moon Daal Vadi ke Kebab
Makes 15 pieces
250 gm moong dal vadi
½ to ¾ cup dry bread crumbs, 2 tbsp lemon juice
6-8 tbsp cream, enough to bind
¾ cup grated paneer (150 gm)
¾ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
½ onion – finely chopped
¼ cup chopped coriander
3-4 green chillies – finely chopped
½ tomato – finely chopped
½ of a green capsicum
1 tsp salt or to taste
* Boil vadi for 3-4 minutes in water. Pat dry on a kitchen towel. Deep fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Cool. Break into pieces.
* Grind vadi with all the other ingredients -paneer, ginger garlic, onion, coriander, chillies, tomato and capsicum. Add salt to taste.
* Remove from grinder and add bread crumbs, lemon juice and cream.
* Make balls and flatten to make kebabs. Cook on a hot pan greased with just 1 tbsp oil till well browned on both sides. Serve hot.
Nita Mehta is a celebrated chef and has penned over 600 books. Her book cover a multitude of cuisines from around the world. 450 of her books have been on the best-seller list, and in the short span of a few years she has sold over 7.5 million books. Several of her books have also won International Awards. She has conducted cooking classes in USA, UK, Canada and several other countries, and appeared on many TV channels in cookery shows.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.