Updated: March 27, 2015 12:53:39 pm
I love paneer. And that should actually say it all. Paneer is a vegetarian’s haven. It makes for one of the most versatile ingredients. Be it a dry vegetable, fry or a gravy, a snack in itself or a filling; paneer can fit in everywhere.
Here in Angola, we don’t find paneer in super markets and we need to make it at home. With that being the case, it seriously is just reserved for special occasions. During a recent dinner I wanted to make something different and not just a regular gravy so I opted for kadhai paneer. What I love about this recipe is the use of crushed coriander seeds. I love their flavour and also the visual impact they add.
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins | Serves 2
Subscriber Only Stories
200 gms of paneer cut into I inch squares
1 small green capsicum, de-seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 small tomato, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 dried red chilli
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
* Heat oil in a Kadhai
* Add bay leaf, dried red chilly, cloves, cinnamon and crushed coriander seeds (keep a little for garnishing). Saute for a few seconds
* Add onions, capsicum and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a couple of minutes
* Add the rest of the spices and tomato. Cook covered until the spices are cooked well
* Add paneer and salt. Mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes
* Sprinkle some garam masala, garnish with coriander seeds and serve hot.
Food is never just food. I believe it’s story telling, it’s conversation. It brings people together and it speaks a universal language! I love to play around in my kitchen. The thrill of being able to create something new and sharing it with others is what fuels my passion for cooking. The fact that dear husband is a foodie and an honest critique helps! I blog about my adventures in the kitchen at http://www.myweekendkitchen.in/
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.