Updated: September 9, 2015 4:43:42 pm
Craving for a frozen dessert? You can very well make this super yummy Fruit and Ice Cream Flan.
1 jelly mould with a hole in the centre
1 brick vanilla ice cream
½ brick strawberry ice cream
½ brick mango ice cream
100 gms cream
1 tin of fruit cocktail
1 cup fresh mixed fruits
6-8 cashew halves – roasted
2 tbsp mixed fruit jam
* Pack vanilla ice cream into a ring mould.
* Beat some strawberry ice cream lightly and pour over the vanilla. Freeze for 1 hour.
* Put the mango ice cream also in the same way. Freeze overnight or till serving.
* Chill cream in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Add sugar to cream. Whip cream till soft peaks are formed.
* Be careful not to over beat the cream. Put whipped cream in an icing gun and keep in the fridge.
* Heat jam with 2 tbsp water in a pan. Add fruits and mix for 1-2 minutes.
* Unmould ice cream on to serving plate at the time of serving.
* Put fruits in the centre.
* Decorate with whipped cream kept in the icing gun in the refrigerator.
* Arrange cashew pieces. Serve at once.
Nita Mehta is a celebrated chef and has penned over 600 books. Her book cover a multitude of cuisines from around the world. 450 of her books have been on the best-seller list, and in the short span of a few years she has sold over 7.5 million books. Several of her books have also won International Awards. She has conducted cooking classes in USA, UK, Canada and several other countries, and appeared on many TV channels in cookery shows.
For following Nita Mehta’s recipes and buying her books online visit http://www.nitamehta.com
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.