Updated: July 6, 2017 9:40:33 pm
As the mercury rises sharply, it’s time to revive your friendship with the icy cold treats. So, instead of doing nothing on a lazy summer afternoon, you can try whipping up this chocolate chip ice cream. Believe me, you would be too happy with the result.
Full cream milk – 2 1/2 cup (500 gms)
Custard powder – 2 table spoon.
Cream – 1 cup (200 gms)
Sugar – 3/4 cup (125 gms)
Chocolate – 1 cup (grated)
* Take a vessel and put milk and custard powder in it and put it to boil. Stir it for 5-6 minutes with the spoon and then add sugar to it. Stir the mixture well.
* Bring the mixture to room temperature and then refrigerate it for 2 hours. You need chilled custard to make Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
* Put cream and 1 table spoon chocolate chips into the custard mixture and whisk them well. Put all the remaining chocolate chips into the whisked mixture and pour it in an air-tight container. Keep the container in the freezer to make ice-cream. It takes 4-5 hours for an ice-cream to freeze and get ready.
* Take out the chocolate chip ice-cream from the container and serve.
Things to remember
* If your Chocolate Chip Ice Cream gets extremely hard on freezing, then take it out from the freezer and put the container in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. The ice-cream will get soft and then you can serve it.
While making custard for the Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, add mint leaves into the mixture to add min flavour to it. This way you can make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.