Prepared with raw mangoes, Aam Panna is known to prevent many heat related ailments including heat stroke. It also helps you stay hydrated and is rich in Vitamin C.
Ingredients for Aam Panna
Raw mango – 500 grams
Sugar – 500 grams
Mint leaves – 1 cup
Sweet tulsi leaves – 1/2 cup (optional)
Salt – 2 tsp
Black salt – 2 tsp
Roasted cumin – 2 tsp
Black pepper – 1 or 2 tsp
Cardamom – 7 to 8
Ginger – 1 inch piece
* Wash the mangoes and cut it in small chunks.
* Take one big vessel and place mango chunks, chopped ginger, cardamom, black pepper and 1/2 cup water into it. Cover and place it over flame for heating.
* Take sugar and 1 cup water in a vessel to make sugar syrup. Cook on low flame until sugar melts.
* Place mint leaves, tulsi leaves, mango pulp, cumin seeds, plain salt, black salt in the mixture jar and ground to make a paste. Now add this paste in sugar syrup and allow it to cook. Check the sugar syrup now. If it has turned gooey in texture then panna is ready. Turn off the flame.
* Allow the mango panna to cool. Strain the panna, when it cools. Ground the thick masala granules again in the mixture grinder left over the sieve. Add that again in the panna.
* Mango panna is ready, store it in a bottle and use whenever you want.
* Whenever you wish to have it, take 2 to 3 tbsp mango panna in a glass, add water and some ice to it and the mango panna is ready to be served. It can be stored in refrigerator for 2 to 3 months. If you want to store it outside in a room then mix 1 tsp sodium benzoate into it and stir really well. After this, it can be stored for up to 5 to 6 months.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.