Updated: December 29, 2014 5:53:05 pm
Bored of making pizza in oven, or don’t have one at home? Whatever is the case, making pizza on Tawa is fun and is as delicious as its microwave version.
For making dough
2 cups maida (all purpose flour)
2 tbsp Olive oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
For pizza topping
3 Baby corn
½ cup pizza sauce
½ cup Mozzarella chees
½ tsp Italian mix herbs
* Strain maida in a bowl and add dry instant yeast, olive oil, salt and sugar.
* Mix all ingredients well, knead the flour for 5-7 minutes with the help of lukewarm water, until it becomes soft.
* Grease a bowl and place the dough in it for 2 hours so that it gets fermented well.
* Dough for making pizza is ready.
Preparing the topping
* Cut capsicum, remove all its seeds and slice it thinly. Cut baby corn in small round pieces. Cook vegetables for 2 minutes.
* Take half the amount of dough and make a round ball. With the help of dry maida make a ½ cm thick chapati with a diameter of 10-12 inch.
* Preheat a pan or tawa. If you are not using non-stick pan, grease it with little oil and place pizza inside it.
* Cover it and cook for 2 minutes or until the lower side gets little brown.
* Flip it upside down and reduce the flame to minimum.
* Garnish pizza with topping.
* Firstly, layer pizza sauce and then place capsicum and baby corn on the pizza. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese as well.
* Cover pizza and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame until the cheese gets melted and the lower side gets a little brown.
* Keep checking after every 2 minutes.
* Sprinkle some herbs on top of the pizza. Serve piping hot pizza and enjoy eating it.
* Choose pizza topping as per your taste and desire like corn, olives, paneer, tofu or onion.
* Any cooking oil can be used for mixing in dough.
* If you are using dry yeast instead of instant yeast, then mix it in sugar and lukewarm milk so that it becomes active.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.