Want to be a tad innovative. Try making mushrooms, the Chinese style. Serve it with noodles, roti, rice or just as a snack.
10 – mushroom
4 tbsp refined flour
2 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup yellow capsicum
1/2 cup green capsicum
1/2 cup red capsicum
2 to 3 tbsp (minced) green coriander
2 to 3 tbsp Oil
2 to 3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
Salt (as per taste)
1/2 tsp chilly flakes
2 (minced) green chilly
Ginger – 1 inch baton (make paste)
1/4 tsp black pepper powder (coarsely grounded)
Oil – for frying mushrooms
* Remove stalk and clean mushroom with a cloth.
* Make refined flour batter. Add some salt and black pepper powder in the batter. Mix well.
* Preheat oil in a wok. When oil is sufficiently hot, dip the mushroom in refined flour batter and place it in oil for frying.
* Place as many mushrooms as possible in a pan to fry. When mushrooms get slightly brown in colour, take them out and similarly, fry all mushrooms.
* Add 2 tbsp oil in another pan. When oil is sufficiently hot, add red capsicum, green capsicum and yellow capsicum into it and saute for while. Now add chopped green chilly, ginger paste. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Crunchy capsicum is ready.
* Add 1/2 cup water in corn flour and make a smooth batter. Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, salt, chilly flakes and corn flour batter in cooked capsicum. Mix everything really well and cook for 2 minutes. Now add mushroom into it and mix well. Add some green coriander as well.
*Chilly mushroom is ready, turn off the flame and take out mushroom in a bowl. Garnish with some green coriander and serve this luscious and piping hot chilly mushrooms.
*If you prefer eating onions, then take 1 onion and chop it similarly like capsicum. Cook along with capsicum until crunchy and follow the rest for making chilly mushroom. Chop the green onion and garnish the mushrooms with it. With this chilly mushroom as per your taste are prepared.
* Make sure oil for frying mushrooms is sufficiently heated. If oil is not hot enough, then mushrooms may absorb a lot of oil.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.