November 5, 2015 2:35:44 pm
This is something you make in a jiffy, if you are getting late for work, and it is yummy too.
Veggie Cheese Slice
1 small french loaf or bread
2 tbsp butter
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp finely chopped deseeded tomato (cut a tomato into 4 pieces and remove pulp)
2 tbsp corn kernels
1 tbsp olive oil or cream
4-5 fresh basil leaves – roughly torn or 2 tbsp chopped coriander
½ tsp chilli flakes, ½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp pepper, a pinch of salt
1 tsp mustard paste
* Cut the french bread into 1” thick diagonal slices. Apply butter and grill with the buttered side up till golden brown.
Best of Express Premium
* Mix all the ingredients of the topping lightly in a bowl.
* Pile the topping on the untoasted side of the bread.
* Place bread under a grill for 3-4 minutes and grill till cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Nita Mehta is a celebrated chef and has penned over 600 books. Her book cover a multitude of cuisines from around the world. 450 of her books have been on the best-seller list, and in the short span of a few years she has sold over 7.5 million books. Several of her books have also won International Awards. She has conducted cooking classes in USA, UK, Canada and several other countries, and appeared on many TV channels in cookery shows. For following Nita Mehta’s recipes and buying her books online visit http://www.nitamehta.com
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.