Updated: December 29, 2014 5:56:08 pm
It’s the time to gorge on cakes, chocolates and cookies. The Christmas week is about to begin and nothing tastes better than homemade goodies. Here’s a recipe of Chocolate peanut bar.
Chocolate Peanut Bar
1 cup peanuts (200 grams – roasted and peeled)
1 cup dark chocolate (dark compound- 200 grams)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 green cardamom (peel and make powder)
STEP 1: HOW TO MAKE BAR
* For making chocolate peanut bar, grind the peanuts finely in mixture grinder.
* Take out powdered peanuts in a separate bowl.
* Now add powdered sugar into it.
* For this grind the sugar finely in mixture grinder.
* Mix cardamom powder in this mixture.
* Melt butter and add little at a time in the mixture and mix well.
* We have to bind the mixture with hands (like ladoo) to make peanut bar. So add this much butter only so that it remains easy in binding the mixture.
* Mixture is now ready.
* Now take little amount of mixture in your hands, press it gently in your hands and give the shape of a bar.
* You can also set it in a plate (like barfi) and then cut into bar shape.
* Like wise prepare peanut bars from rest of the mixture and place them in a separate plate. After this place peanut bars in a fridge for 10 minutes so that they get set.
STEP 2: MELTING CHOCOLATE
* For this you can use either double boiler or microwave.
* For melting chocolate in microwave, take chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 1 minute on maximum temperature.
* Take out the bowl and stir the chocolate with help of a spoon. If you find that chocolate is not melted properly then microwave it for 20-25 seconds more.
* Take out the bowl and stir again nicely.
* If the chocolate is having pouring consistency that means chocolate is melted completely.
* Microwave chocolate for 1 minute first and then for 10-20 seconds as per requirement as chocolate might start burning due to over heating.
* Stir melted chocolate constantly with the help of a spoon so that it can be handled with bare hands. Spread a butter paper over a tray.
* Peanut bars are now set.
* Take one peanut bar and dip it into melted chocolate.
* Now with help of fork, lift out the chocolate coated bar from bowl and place it in the tray with butter paper.
* Likewise prepare all peanut bars and place them on butter paper.
* Keep the peanuts bar in fridge for 10 minutes so that they get set.
* Chocolate peanut bar is ready; take it out from butter paper. If you find additional chocolate layer on the bar then remove it with help of a knife.
STEP 3: WRAPPING CHOCOLATE PEANUT BAR
* For wrapping them, cut the wrapping papers in equal size.
* Now take one wrapper, place the bar over it and wrap nicely.
* Also cover both the ends. Like wise wrap all chocolate bars.
* Tasty chocolate peanut bars are ready.
* Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month and enjoy eating.
* You can add less or more sugar as per your preference.
* Finer the pieces of chocolate are, the less time it will take to melt.
* The utensil to be used for melting chocolate should be clean and dry. Even one drop of water could hamper the chocolate melting process.
A homemaker in Noida, and passionate about cooking, Nisha Madhulika at 54 started http://www.nishamadhulika.com in 2007. She started her YouTube channel in mid 2011. She is known for making recipes with easily available ingredients. She has posted more than 1100 videos on her channel so far. She is one of the most popular chefs online and was recently featured in YouTube Top Chefs coffee table book.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.