November 7, 2020 8:30:23 pm
Food cravings are common in PMS (premenstrual syndrome), and chocolate is something that we crave the most. This is due to fluctuations in the levels of hormones estrogen and progesterone, studies have shown.
Instead of having a regular chocolate bar, how about satiating your cravings by baking a cake? Chef Pooja Dhingra just shared an easy PMS-special cake recipe on Instagram. Check it out:
View this post on Instagram
Okayyyyy here’s the PMS cake recipe! (Sorry this one is not eggless but you can check out my YouTube channel for some 😊) Pooja’s PMS Cake 2.0 200 g Dark chocolate (I used callebaut 55%) 200g Butter (regular salted) 150g Jaggery Powder (can use castor/brown sugar) 4 eggs 80g flour 1 tsp Ashwagandha powder Method -Melt the chocolate and butter over a hot water bath or in the microwave (I used this) -Add the jaggery/sugar and Ashwagandha powder and whisk well – once cool, add eggs one at a time and whisk well – Lastly, fold in the flour Transfer to an 8 inch cake tin, bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 18-20 mins. Enjoy!
200 g – Dark chocolate (or callebaut 55 per cent)
200g – Butter (regular salted)
150g – Jaggery Powder (can use castor/brown sugar)
4 – Eggs
80g – Flour
1 tsp – Ashwagandha powder
* Melt the chocolate and butter over a hot water bath or in the microwave.
* Add the jaggery/sugar and Ashwagandha powder and whisk well.
* Once cool, add eggs one at a time and whisk well.
* Now fold in the flour.
* Transfer to an eight-inch cake tin, bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 18-20 minutes or till it is baked properly.
Try this the next time you crave chocolate during PMS.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.